MD Craft Beer Festival This Saturday
On Saturday, May 12th from noon – 6:00pm, visit the Eventplex at the Frederick Fairgrounds to take part in the Maryland Craft Beer Festival, sponsored by the Brewer’s Association of Maryland (BAM), a non-profit organization comprised of active Maryland breweries and brewpubs. Up to 15 Maryland breweries will be present with over 80 different beers. The Maryland Craft Beer Festival is for, by, and in direct support of Maryland craft beer. This family-friendly festival features live music by popular regional and national artists, kids’ activities, exhibitors, a variety of food offerings designed to complement the beer, on-site brewing demonstrations, rare bottles and kegs, one of a kind casks, and VIP door prizes that will blow your mind!
Craft brewing is not a collection of beer, but rather a collection of artistic statements. Craft beer is hard to find because it is made in small batches by the brewers themselves. The Maryland Craft Beer Festival makes craft beers from across the state directly accessible to patrons and allows guests to speak directly to the brewers themselves. Fourteen craft breweries will be featured. including: Brewer’s Alley - Frederick, Brewer’s Art - Baltimore, Heavy Seas - Baltimore, Barley And Hops Grill & Microbrewery - Frederick, Pub Dog Brewing Co. - Westminster DuClaw Brewery LLC – Abingdon, Flying Dog Brewery Frederick, Franklins - Hyattsville, Ellicott Mills - Ellicott City, Wharf Rat at Camden Yards, Oliver's - Baltimore, Ruddy Duck – Dowell, Baltimore-Washington Beer Works - Baltimore, Growlers - Gaithersburg, and Johansson's- Westminster. Guests will receive a special treat of viewing a homebrew demonstration brewing the Maryland Collaboration beer from Heavy Seas and Barley and Hops.
Tickets to the festival are on sale now. Admission price: Adults: $17 Advance / $25 at the door; VIP: Advance $32 / $40 at the door; Designated Driver and Youth ages 12-20 $10; Kids under 12 FREE. Regular adult admission includes six tasting tokens and souvenir glass. VIP admission includes ten tasting tokens, a souvenir glass, early entrance for access to rare beers and unique casks, as well as a list of door prizes that will make your craft beer friends totally envious! One extremely lucky VIP winner will receive a tasting of the Heavy Seas / Barley and Hops Collaboration Beer brewed solely for this event. The last day to purchase tickets at the advance ticket price is May 11th at 9:00pm.
- 12:30 – 2:00pm - Vinyl Rhino is Maryland's most dynamic variety band. Playing everything from Lady Gaga to Queen, Cee Lo Green to Taylor Swift, Van Halen to Hanson, Snoop Dogg to Rage Against the Machine.
- 4:30 – 6:00pm: Duffy Kane brings sounds of blues, jazz, and honky tonk.
- 2:30 – 4:00pm: Nayas shifts from rootsy reggae to ska to introspective rock.
- 4:00 – 4:30pm -19th Street Band plays an acoustic mix of popular rock, country, Celtic, and bluegrass songs.
- 12:00 – 12:30pm: Phil Kominsky of Lloyd Dobbler Effect offers multi-layered and upbeat modern rock music.
- 2:00 – 2:30pm: Shane Gamble is a touring singer/songwriter guitarist with three albums under his belt.
You will not want to miss this huge Frederick event! For more information about the Maryland Craft Beer Festival, visit www.mdcraftbeerfestival.com.