Ravens vs. Cardinals Recap
It was looking scary on Halloween Eve for Ravens fans. Midway through Sunday's game with the Cardinals Joe Flacco was again unable to find any open receivers and Arizona seemed to score at will. Luckily the Ravens were able to right the ship in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball and come away with a 30-27 victory. Here are some of my quick thoughts about the game:
- The story of the day was Ray Rice's three touchdown performance. He got 18 carries and 9 targets in the passing game, good for 7 catches. He's the key to beating the Steelers next week.
- Anquan Boldin also had a great game, probably wanting some revenge against his former team. He was unstoppable in the 3rd quarter, burning Cardinals cornerback Richard Marshall like a campfire hot dog.
- I can't blame Ravens fans for booing the team during the 1st half. It doesn't make you a bad fan. It means you expect more. This is a Super Bowl caliber team. They shouldn't be down 24-3 at home to a team like the Arizona Cardinals. Let um hear it!!!!
- I've bashed Michael Oher regularly in this column so I'll use this opportunity to commend him on a great game. Without a doubt his best game of the season.
- Paul "don't call me Freddy" Kruger had two sacks and is developing into a nice pass rusher. In a couple years he could be part of a dangerous tandem with Pernell McPhee.
- Besides a 66 yard catch in the 1st quarter, All Pro Larry Fitzgerald was held to two catches for 32 yards.
Well it's Steelers week again. After losing to the Ravens in Week One Pittsburgh has been rolling and seemed to have no trouble beating the Patriots on Sunday. If the Ravens can win they will regain control of the AFC North and the remainder of their schedule doesn't look like it will be too challenging. However, winning in the Steel City is no easy task and the team will need to play mistake free football from start to finish. Look for our Ravens/Steelers Game Preview later on this week and have a happy and safe Halloween!